2015-04-27

How to make your product annoying

I've written a few times in the past how much I appreciate people who sell their products with modify permission. Sure, I get that sometimes not having modify on makes sense; the content of objects (scripts, notecards, textures, etc..) always makes sense, as does items given away as gifts or in hunts, etc. I'm fine with that. But if I'm buying something with actual money and especially if I'm going to need to fit it then modify permission is wonderful.

On the other hand, if you want to make your product annoying...

1) Make it no-modify.

2) Make sure it's something that won't fit out of the box, and see rule 1.

3) Add a resize script to it because apparently I'm incapable of resizing an object on my own.

4) For real fun and annoyance, make the maximum resize step hilariously tiny.


5) And then, just to top it off, just to make it perfect... Make sure that, when you code the resize script so that when you select the hilariously small maximum resize step, you don't have the dialog show again, thus forcing the user to have to touch the object again to get the menu up. (this of course is even more hilarious if the object in question is small enough that it's wholly embedded in the victim's customer's body so they have to force a touch from inventory)

I'm sure it could be a lot worse, but these easy 5 steps should be a good start.

2 comments:

  1. Extra point when the amount buttons aren't even shown in a consistent manner. My OCD hurts.

    ReplyDelete