2013-04-08

We had a shindig

Late last week Miss Vila was kind enough to release me from the most recent main restriction. The main reason for this was in anticipation of the weekend dance at Raven Park. As mentioned over on the Z&A blog, the theme for the dance was all things Firefly. In the past few months I've managed to get Miss Vila hooked on it, Miss Eve is a long-time fan and, it turns out, at least two other residents of Raven Park are fans too.

So it was decided we'd dress the part for the dance. This was perfect for me, I had just the outfit waiting and ready:


Well, mostly. I dropped the coat but added a gun (with Miss Vila's permission -- generally we don't permit subs to carry weapons on Raven Park, and generally don't permit non-D/S-RP weapons in general). I'd highly recommend that gun if you're ever looking for something Firefly-themed. It looks stunning and works really well too.

Apparently though I was the only one properly organised. Both Miss Vila and Miss Eve knew exactly which characters they wanted to go as (Inara and Zoe) and both appeared to know exactly what look they were going for. Easy, right?

No.

I spent the next couple or so days listening to both of them telling me how it was impossible to find anything they needed for their outfits and how it was all my fault. Yup, my fault! I should mention at this point that it was Miss Vila who first suggested we should have a Firefly-themed dance at some point, and it was Miss Eve who says "let's do it!" when I mentioned this to her. Which, of course, makes it all my fault. O_o

Anyway...

Finally, the day came, and everyone had an outfit. I think Miss Vila made a stunning Inara:


Miss Eve managed to sort her Zoe outfit in the end. We even had a petite River and a Reaver. And we also got a Wash!


We had loads of fun for the couple of hours of the dance. There was much talk about how awesome Firefly is, and lots of talk about SciFi shows in general.

When the dance had ended we all decided to head off for a quick photoshoot. The location? The in-world sample of this amazing build (one day I'll somehow make the space to have one of my own rezzed all the time). We popped the cargo bay door open and created a group shot:




Was lots of fun.

And, now, it's back to the current main project. Hopefully this'll keep Miss Vila busy enough that she'll forget about her apparently terrible shopping experience last week and the fact that, somehow, it's my fault. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment