2013-04-30

New shirt, new pants

I'm the first to admit that I'm out of touch with what's what in terms of fashion in Second Life. I don't mind admitting that my interests are elsewhere (you know, scripting, building, that sort of thing). That said, I do like to try and expand my wardrobe. Not only is it fun to go shopping now and again, it's also nice to be able to wear different things.

And Miss Vila appreciates some different looks for me too, obviously.

However, I tend to find that much of the clothing for blokes in SL isn't really to my taste. Not that I could tell you what my taste is (that's not to suggest it's hard to define, it's just I've never really bothered to try and define it), but when I look at a lot of stuff for males on the MP it does nothing for me.

And, sadly, with the advent of mesh (which I personally really like), what is to my taste often seems to fit badly, even when I modify my shape to try and match.

So I was rather excited to pick up a whole load of demos from a couple of shops I found via the Fantasy Faire last week, which resulted in an outfit I'm rather happy with:


The first I stumbled on was FATEwear. They made the outfit I wore for the dance just over a week ago. I grabbed a bunch of demos from their shop and, while many didn't fit well at all, the shirt worked really well. This is kind of rare for me. I struggle to find mesh shirts or tops that look..... right. They always seem to come out wrong in the shoulder bit this shirt seems to just work. I also picked up a casual suit too that works well -- I might photograph that and post it at some point.


The pants, which I'm seriously happy with, come from 22769. I've being looking for something like them for ages: big, baggy, long and perfect for going barefoot. These are just spot on, very me. The texture on the black ones is just the sort of thing I like too:


The price is silly too. Just L$130. Given there's a few colours I can see me grabbing a couple more.

No comments:

Post a Comment