2012-12-13

Isolation, Raven Park style

One of my earliest introductions to heavy use of RLV came in late December 2009 when I first discovered the POD Prison at Stonehaven. I won't go into lots of details about how it works here, but simply put it's a RLV-based prison system that involves very heavy isolation for a fairly short period of time (at least to begin with -- long-term use can end up with very long sentences, if you wish it).

So when we were working on the new Mansion for Raven Park it was decided that one of the new rooms would be a perfect location for a POD Prison. Today I gave it a quick test with a one-hour sentence:


It worked well and brought back a lot of fond memories of my early days of experiencing RLV (a time before I started dabbling with the API myself).

Normally POD Prisons tend to have a very futuristic sci-fi/space feel to them (it is designed to be a space station prison after all) but we've had a go at making it feel a little more Raven Park. The design is aiming for a Victorian mad scientist sort of feel. Think Tesla gone mad with a vague Steampunk feel. Perhaps with a nod to something HG Wells might have written about. I think we might have pulled it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment