2012-12-30

A HUD to lock a HUD

I've long been a fan of the RealRestraint Elegance Cuffs. They look great and, sized up for a male shape, they look pretty serious too. They were always Miss Vila's favourite.

Back when I last used to wear them 24/7 I never made use of the outfit manager of my viewer of choice. Back when I first started wearing them all the time (and had them locked on) there wasn't even an outfit manager. After they were last unlocked I started experimenting with the outfit manager and have got very used to using it. Recently, of course, I've started having items locked on me with RLV again and I've found, to my delight, that this actually does mix well with outfit management.

With one small wrinkle though...

The HUD that the RR cuffs rezzes and attaches doesn't seem to lock itself on with RLV. This means that any outfit that doesn't contain a link to the HUD (which is all of them) will throw the HUD off. And, of course, the HUD doesn't like this. It moans and blabs and says I'm doing bad things. Which is a little annoying because I'm not.

I did a little bit of searching through the docs and couldn't find an obvious solution (if I have missed one, please do say so) so I fixed it the one way I know how: with scripting. I wrote a little script that I've dropped into a prim that I've attached as a HUD (in my case a 0.02x0.02x0.02 sphere). Touch toggles it on and off. When toggled on it locks itself and the attachment point that's used by the RR HUD. Because of this outfit changes now happen without knocking the RR HUD off.

On the off chance that it's useful to anyone else... here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment