2012-02-24

Impressive radar (or not)

As some of you might know, this weekend is the second birthday of Z&A Productions and, to celebrate, we're holding a mini-hunt around the sim all weekend.

So, there I am, sat in the workshop, minding my own business, and I happened to have a copy of all the hunt objects rezzed out on the floor in front of me. Keep in mind that the workshop is a couple of thousand or so meters up in the air -- nowhere near ground level.

And, out of the blue, an avatar (who was already on the sim, down at ground level) rezzes in front of me, right on top of the collection of hunt objects. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that they were using a radar of some description (either built into the viewer, or something scripted, I guess) and had happened to find the objects in front of me.

Of course, they didn't stay long -- the workshop has a security system that TPs unauthorised avatars back to their home location -- but what a way to get found out "cheating" (not that I'm totally opposed to the use of radars on hunts, just as long as they're used as a last resort). And how impressive (or unimpressive, depending on how you look at it) is that radar that it found the objects a couple of kilometres away but didn't find the ones down on the ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment